ACE Benefit Show: Call for Artists
The Art Center East (ACE) Board of Directors is preparing to bring staff back in August, and we have enough funding to cover several months worth of operations, but because we are building arts programs from scratch, we are seeking to raise additional funding to support the organization while we get back on our feet.
In the wake of Don Gray’s successful fundraiser, many artists generously contacted ACE indicating a desire to raise funds from donated art. We would like to call on those artists now to participate in the ACE Benefit Show.
Please consider submitting one to three gallery-ready pieces in any artistic medium to be displayed and sold on behalf of ACE. The show will be a celebration of the arts community surrounding ACE, in the spirit of arts as expression, as advocacy, and as an economic mover for artists and the region.
The ACE Benefit Show will run from August 7, 2020, through September 30, 2020, in the Main Gallery, with an online launch August 7 and public access later in the month. The exhibition gallery space is upstairs in our restored 1913 Carnegie Library building. Great care is taken in displaying all artwork to its best advantage.
Artists interested in participating should
- Prepare art for display: framed with screw eyes and wire attached for wall-mounted pieces; all others must be ready for freestanding gallery presentation. We will provide pedestals but not display surfaces (such as for jewelry), easels, or other display accessories.
- Complete the online application starting July 6.
- Drop off work or arrange to have work dropped off at 1006 Penn Ave., La Grande, OR, July 24 between 10 AM and 4 PM. Donation receipts will be provided. Donations will be retained until sold (they will not be returned).
- View the online launch on August 7, and direct friends, family, and colleagues to the opportunity to support ACE by purchasing art.
- Get your work and name out there! This is a great opportunity for professional and amateur artists alike to display their artwork and gain exposure in a gallery setting. ACE will market the show regionally and locally, via press releases and social media.
- Create community! The arts are more fun when more people are involved. We are an inclusive organization that values diversity of all kinds. We encourage you to be brave, share your voice, and come join us for this benefit event.
- Support Art Center East! ACE has 43 years of regional contributions, typically serving 25,000 Eastern Oregonians annually. In rebounding from the pandemic, ACE will need to rebuild offerings almost from scratch. Your donation represents an investment in the arts infrastructure that supports a strong and visible arts and culture industry.