During these ever-changing times, access to the arts is more important than ever. ACE continues creating arts opportunities that easily and affordably bring new knowledge and joy into everyday life. Our Take & Make Arts Learning Kits are great for travel, outdoor activities, or gifts. These artist-designed kits include options for children, teens, adults, and families. Learn about a new art medium or process by trying one out.
ACE staff kept many things in mind while designing the Take & Make Arts Learning Kit program:
- Bring art-making to the community in an accessible way.
- Provide quality instruction that allows for more schedule flexibility
- Support local artists and national artists alike
- Decrease screen time fatigue; these offerings include written instructions rather than online instructions making them perfect for a break
- Increase time outdoors: take kits camping, on a road trip, or in your backyard.
How it works
- Select a kit below and check out. At checkout, select local pick-up, local delivery (within La Grande city limits), or domestic shipping.
- Check for new kits each month! Stay up to date on kits with the ACE weekly e-newsletter. Sign up here.
- This kit is available free to children and teens ages 18 and younger. Select this kit for free or make a donation towards the kit’s suggested value (suggested value is listed below as the Non-Member price).
- If there is a kit available as a free-to-youth option, please email [email protected] to make a request.
Maximum two (2) free kits per youth (ages 18 and younger) per month.
Youth Take & Make Arts Learning Kits are available free thanks to the Art Center East Youth Arts Learning Fund with generous support from the Oregon Cultural Trust, Marie Lamfrom Charitable Foundation, and Oregon Community Foundation.
We can’t wait to see where your arts exploration leads; share your projects on Instagram or Facebook with #artcentereast.
Many thanks to our art kit assembly team of wonderful volunteers!