Setup, Take Down, & What to Expect
Before the event:
Art Center East will provide vendors with digital marketing materials to promote their participation in the event. Vendors are strongly encouraged to market their participation in HHMM in the months, weeks, and days leading up to the event. ACE may tag vendors’ social media pages in social marketing posts. Be sure to follow us! @artcentereast
Time slots for set-up are on Wednesday, November 16 and Thursday, November 17 from 8:00 am - 3:00 pm and on Friday, November 18 from 8:00 am - 2:45 pm. Vendors select one slot on one of the three days. Vendors are responsible for their own loading and unloading of their display and handmade items – asking other vendors for help is discouraged. ACE staff is available to give display presentation feedback but does not assist with set-up.
Vendor parking in front of the ACE building is available only until 2:00 pm on Friday, November 18. Please note that the area used for Handmade Holidays Makers Market is accessible only by climbing two sets of stairs - keep this in mind when planning your display. Display spaces must be fully assembled and ready for sales no later than 2:45 pm on Friday, November 18.
Friday, November 18 from 3:00 - 4:00 pm New: VIP-ticketed shoppers enjoy the HHMM event.
Friday, November 18 from 4:00 - 8:00 pm and Saturday, November 19 from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm HHMM open to the general public. Admission is free.
During the Event
We want you to have a great experience as a vendor at Handmade Holidays Makers Market. Please keep these factors in mind as you prepare:
1) ACE’s kitchen space downstairs is available to use as a break room. Complimentary coffee and tea will be available to vendors throughout the event, as well as pastries on Saturday morning. Feel free to bring additional food and beverages if you need; refrigerator and microwave available.
2) Vendors are responsible for all monetary transactions at their booths and should plan ahead to bring sufficient bills/coins for making change. Free wifi is available for vendors to run card-swiping apps on phones or tablets. ACE does not run card payments for vendors.
3) Vendors must be ready to take payments Saturday morning no later than 8:45 am. Saturday can be a long day – plan on having one other person with you so you can take breaks. ACE staff and volunteers check on vendors who don’t have help at their booths at regular intervals throughout the event to offer bathroom and food breaks.
TAKE-DOWN begins at 3:00 pm Saturday, November 19.
NO EARLY TAKE-DOWN, PLEASE. All vendors must keep their booths set up and open for the duration of the HHMM two-day event (3:00 - 8:00 pm on Friday and 9:00 am - 3:00 pm on Saturday). Vendors who choose to leave early will not be considered for next year’s HHMM. Vendors must remain present at their booths until 3:00 pm Saturday, November 19, even if their inventory sells out.
Note: Each booth space will be inspected by ACE staff after take-down. If any damage to ACE property is found, vendors may be invoiced for costs related to repair of the damage.
1) For Art Center East’s grant reporting to funders, and in order to learn vendors’ opinions about their HHMM experience, ACE asks all vendors to complete a short Vendor Survey at the conclusion of the event. Please take completed surveys to the Gift Gallery desk before leaving the building.
2) After packing up your display and remaining inventory, please leave your booth area tidy and clean. Ask ACE staff for cleaning supplies if necessary.
3) Please use the correct Command strip removal process! Improper removal causes damage to ACE gallery walls; you may be billed for repairs.
4) Please be courteous to your fellow vendors. It’s a tight space, and everyone is packing, loading, and exiting the building at the same time.