5th Annual Fiber Arts & Jewelry Exhibit
Call to Artists & Submission Form
Save the date!
February & March 2021 brings our 5th annual Fiber Arts & Jewelry Exhibit. This annual exhibit creates a platform for an underrepresented branch of the visual arts while showcasing the breadth of talent within our local community of fiber and jewelry artists.
Art Center East invites you to enter your work in the 5th Annual Fiber Arts & Jewelry Exhibit.
By that we mean a wide variety of things. Have you found comfort in process (the knitting that assuages your anxiety, the quilting that helps you express your inner feelings in color and shape), in the products you make (a blanket to wrap your child in, face masks to share with family and friends, a necklace to dress up your yoga pants and sweatshirt), or a little bit of both?
Create a fiber or jewelry piece that explores one or both sides of this coin - process & product - while visually expressing whatever the word "comfort" means to you (chunky yarn, soft textures, calming color combos or focal points, reassurance, support, etc). Let's create comfort for each other. We need it!
February 5th - March 27, 2021
- One submission per artist. Submision process includes: filling out an online submission form (below) any time between now and Jan 30, paying the $10 entry fee, and dropping off your submission between Jan 13-30.
- Examples of fiber medium: fabric, yarn, paper, weaving, leather.
- Fiber Arts submissions are restrict to a maximum displayable width of 24". There is no constraint on the height of the artwork. Pieces may be folded to meet the width limit.
- Jewelry submissions need to come on a display provided by the artist, and must be able to sit safely on an ACE pedestal.
- Artists participating in this exhibit must be over the age of 18.
- Online Form Submission Deadline: January 30
- Drop-off days: January 13-30, 2021. Throughout the submission period, ACE will accept artwork during our regular business hours of 1:00 - 5:00 pm on Wednesday-Friday and 10:00 am - 2:00 pm Saturday, or by appointment (contact [email protected] if you are unable to drop off during business hours).
- Virtual Opening Reception: TBA
- Exhibit Duration: February 5th - March 27th
- Pick-up Day: Saturday, March 31 from 12:00 - 4:00 pm
Exhibit entry fee is $10 per person, regardless of membership status. Fee is due when you drop off.