The 2023 exhibit theme is "Living Rural: Poetry in Fiber”. Artists are encouraged to relate their artwork submissions to a poem or poems — published or unpublished — of their choice.
Each artist may submit up to five (5) fiber or jewelry pieces that incorporate any poem(s) of their choosing. Each artwork submitted may relate to a separate poem or multiple submissions may relate to the same poem.
Need a starting point in finding some poetry? Visit Art Center East and browse through hand-selected poetry for inspiration! Nancy Knowles and Amelia Díaz Ettinger, facilitators of the ACE Writing Project and writers themselves, have gathered a well-rounded collection of rural poetry and poems specific to this exhibit.
Don’t forget to share your creative journey! Tag Art Center East in your social media posts @artcentereast
- NEW: Up to five (5) submissions per artist! Artists are welcome to enter as many as five display-ready pieces, with a guarantee that at least three (3) pieces will be included in the exhibit (gallery space permitting).
- Electronic submission period: July 1, 2022 - January 28, 2023. Complete the online submission form by answering all the required questions. ACE does not accept incomplete submissions. ACE does not accept artwork delivered without an accompanying online submission form.
- All submission forms must be completed online. Please contact ACE at 541-624-2800 if you experience technical difficulties.
- Some examples of fiber mediums: fabric, yarn, paper, weaving, and leather.
- Fiber arts submissions must be delivered to ACE ready to display with display equipment and display instructions (if needed) provided by the artist.
- Jewelry submissions must be delivered to ACE on a display provided by the artist. The display must sit safely on an ACE pedestal.
- Artists participating in this exhibit must be 18 years of age or older.
- Artists are strongly encouraged, but not required, to have their work for sale. There is a 30% commission for Art Center East members (Solo Artist Membership tier and above) and a 40% commission for non-members. Renew or submit your membership today!
- Artists must submit an IRS W-9 Form to ACE in order to receive payment for the sale of their artwork.
Questions? Contact ACE Gallery Director Jennifer Durr via email [email protected] or by phone 541-624-2800.