The 2024 exhibit theme is Fiber in Focus: Exploring National Geographic. Artists are encouraged to use images from National Geographic magazines, of their choosing, as a springboard to create new jewelry or fiber artworks. The National Geographic images and finished pieces will be displayed side-by-side so that visitors can compare the two.
Each artist may submit up to five (5) fiber or jewelry pieces that incorporate any National Geographic images. Each artwork submitted may relate to a separate image or multiple submissions may relate to the same image.
Need a starting point in finding or choosing a National Geographic image? Visit Art Center East and browse through decades of National Geographic magazines for inspiration! Selected images can be advertisements or photo spreads. Artists are challenged to interpret their colors, textures, content, and styles through the lens of their chosen medium. The end result may differ widely from the original images.
Please note that the selected images must be appropriately scanned or photographed for high-quality printing. Please upload scanned or photographed images within the application or email them to Gallery Director, Jennifer Durr: [email protected]
These images will be printed for gallery display during the exhibition by Art Center East. By appointment, Art Center East staff can assist with scanning selected images.
Don’t forget to share your creative journey! Tag Art Center East in your social media posts @artcentereast
- NEW: Up to five (5) submissions per artist! Artists are welcome to enter as many as five display-ready pieces, with a guarantee that at least three (3) pieces will be included in the exhibit (gallery space permitting).
- Electronic submission period: July 1, 2022 - January 28, 2023. Complete the online submission form by answering all the required questions. ACE does not accept incomplete submissions. ACE does not accept artwork delivered without an accompanying online submission form.
- All submission forms must be completed online. Please contact ACE at 541-624-2800 if you experience technical difficulties.
- Some examples of fiber mediums: fabric, yarn, paper, weaving, and leather.
- Fiber arts submissions must be delivered to ACE ready to display with display equipment and display instructions (if needed) provided by the artist.
- Jewelry submissions must be delivered to ACE on a display provided by the artist. The display must sit safely on an ACE pedestal.
- Artists participating in this exhibit must be 18 years of age or older.
- Artists are strongly encouraged, but not required, to have their work for sale. There is a 30% commission for Art Center East members (Solo Artist Membership tier and above) and a 40% commission for non-members. Renew or submit your membership today!
- Artists must submit an IRS W-9 Form to ACE in order to receive payment for the sale of their artwork.
Questions? Contact ACE Gallery Director Jennifer Durr via email [email protected] or by phone 541-624-2800.